Number of Vacancies: One (1)
Reports To: Secretary General
Job Purpose: To ensure efficient and effective operations of the livelihood programme, and provide technical support in planning, designing, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of livelihood and economic development interventions, coordination and networking with the local government, local communities, partners and other key stakeholders focusing on the post 2015 development agenda.
Key Result Areas:
- Capacity development of Institutionalized Faith Based Organizations to deliver livelihood programmes and activities
- Resource mobilization for sustainable livelihood programmes
- Advocacy and policy influence
- Coordination and networking with the local government, local communities, partners and other key stakeholders in delivering sustainable livelihood programmes
- Provide technical advice in planning, designing, monitoring and evaluating livelihood and economic development interventions.
- Assist in the production of regular and timely progress reports regarding relevant project activities.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Social Sector Planning, Project Planning and Management or a relevant discipline.
- Minimum seven years’ experience in developing livelihood interventions and the technical aspects related to the proposed program description, including skills training, micro-lending, micro-saving, employment generation, alternative/additional income-generation and social protection.
- Extensive experience in projects promoting livelihood interventions with a gender focus, working successfully with development partners/agencies, international and host country NGOs.
- Excellent communications skills in English both written and orally.
- Demonstrated ability in the design and effective use of training materials.