INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON THE ROLE OF RELIGION IN CONTROLLING VIOLENCE AND EXTREMISMIRCU Admin
The Inter-Religious Council of Uganda, in partnership with the Cultural of Islamic Republic of Iran, UBC TV, Kampala University, and Al-Mustafa Islamic College has organized an International Conference on the Role of Religion in Controlling Violence and Extremism.
- The forum will give a platform for candid discussions on religion, violence, and extremism on, as well as constructive dialogue on the growing global challenge of increasing intolerance and violence.
- The dialogue will allow stakeholders in the religious, academia, government and diplomatic fields all to speak to one another, discuss, and learn from each other.
- Opportunity for stakeholders to share from the vantage point of their varying expertise.
- Partnerships and strategy’s to combat violence and extremism.
- To put an end to violence and extremism
- To create awareness and knowledge that will shield people from committing such violent crimes.
Representatives are drawn from all religions the media, civil society, the academia institutions, and Government Ministries, Departments, and Agencies.
The full day conference, will take place on Thursday, 11th of August, 2016, at the Pope Paul Memorial Hotel in Rubaga, Kampala.
Micah 4:3-5 “…they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid….” (KJV)
Quran, Surat Al-Ma’ida, 48
“We have appointed a law and a practice for every one of you. Had God willed, He would have made you a single community, but He wanted to test you regarding what has come to you. So compete with each other in doing good. Every one of you will return to God ….”
HADITH: “Make thing easy and do not make things difficult. Give glad tidings and do not repel people. Cooperate with each other and do not be divided” (Sahih Bukhari 2873-Grade: Muttafaqun Alayji)